Here are some excellent reasons:
He said what nobody could dare say. He predicted His Death. He said: “I have authority to lay down my life and authority to take it up again. He said to the disciples, I must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things, and I must be killed and on the third day be raised to life (Matt. 16:21). It did happened. Who else can say that! The Pharisees and the teachers and the elders, and the priests envy His power!
He did what nobody has done before. Besides healing the sick, casting out devils, speaking to the water, commanding the weather, “ He died and resurrected exactly after three days” the tomb could not keep Him, the soldiers could not catch Him, no power on earth could tie Him down. They hated Him to the point they went crazy and tried to twist the story.
He promised what nobody could: The peace, that goes far beyond anything we can imagine, the joy that the world cannot give and on top of that “a guarantee of eternal life and an eternal place in Heaven.” Who else can give such hope?
When He resurrected, He rose to a higher form of immortality, an incorruptible, glorious Body that no creature on earth had before – proving that as He said; we too, will have that imperishable body perfectly suit for our new environment place called “heaven”.
Other affirmation to the TRUTH OF JESUS CHRIST DIED AND RESURRECTED
- The Cross publicly exposed Him,
- The tomb confirmed He has died.
- The stone rolled on the side of the tomb leaving it open for all to see and testify His body did not stay in there.
- The criminal dying on the right side of the cross beside Jesus (Matt. 27:38).
- The roman soldier who after Jesus death, proclaimed “ This Man was surely the Son Of God” (Matt. 15:39)
- Joseph of Arimathea, who has been a secret disciple; came out of hiding and asked Pilate permission to take the body of Jesus and bound it in linen wrappings with the spices, as it was the burial custom of the Jews. (Matt. 27:57-58)
- The disciples He appeared to, mostly Thomas who touched His sides and his hand where the nail went through; more to the point, over 500 other persons saw Him ( John 20:25; 1 Corinthians 15:6)
- His death revealed why He came and Who He is.
- His resurrection revealed, we don’t need to look any further: “He is the perfect revelation of God; HE IS GOD (John 1:18).